Chief Surveyor (London - United Kingdom)
Share this Job
Our client, a major global engineering contractor, currently requires a Chief Surveyor for a permanent position in London.
The Chief Surveyor will:
• Manage the various survey teams, equipment and output (data presentation)
• Develop the survey design for the control of works
• Working with the SCL Designer, develop the requirements for internal monitoring of the SCL works for deformation monitoring
• Work with the subcontractors and supervise their survey works
• Manage all site-based staff, workers and subcontractors related to survey, to include the recruitment of suitable and appropriate staff
• Identify and manage the safety, programme, financial, environmental and community risks involved with survey
Candidates will be educated to degree or higher level in a surveying, engineering, mining or construction discipline. An HNC or HND qualification or a fully recorded vocational training to an equivalent level (Mining Qualifications Board; Mine Surveyors Certificate or similar) may be acceptable where a significant level of experience in a senior technical engineering role can be demonstrated.
Candidates must also possess:
• Experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industries
• Good working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
• Appropriate CSCS card
Membership of an appropriate Professional body, typically Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or similar is desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK/EU and have a good working knowledge of English (oral and written).
The company is offering a competitive permanent salary package and car for the right individual.
Please quote Reference Number PN5281 when applying for this position.
How to apply:
When applying for this position, you will be sent to Hunter Personnel’s website. Simply click the ‘Apply For This Job’ button when you arrive – you will also be able to attach your CV/Resume. Thank you.
Recently in Civil Engineer
- Tunnel Shift Engineer via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Wales, UK) thDecember 2016
- Tunnel Agent Permanent via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Somerset, UK) thDecember 2016
- Tunnel Shift Engineer Permanent via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Somerset, UK) thDecember 2016
- Construction Manager & Tunnel Superintendent – SCL Works - Canada via V-Engineering Recruitment Ltd (Toronto – Canada) thDecember 2016
- Project Managers - India Permanent via V-Engineering Recruitment Ltd (Mumbai, India) thDecember 2016