Principal Civil Engineer (tunnels) (London, United Kingdom)
Share this Job
Our client, a tunnelling specialist firm with in-depth experience in civil, structural and geotechnical engineering , requires a high-calibre Chartered Civil Engineer, with a proven track record in heavy civils, shaft and tunnel design. The role demands strong communication and interpersonal skills including project management and client liaison.
The role will involve detailed design of various tunnelling schemes in the UK and overseas. The projects vary in size from utility tunnels to major transportation tunnels in both rock and soft ground.
Key duties will include:
- Leading a team of engineers and technicians
- Detailed design and analysis of structures, shafts, tunnels including the preparation of work for CAD or geotechnical design as appropriate
- Project management from feasibility to detailed design, including all technical, programme and cost monitoring
- Control and monitoring of progress against programmes
- Ensuring that design, assessments and checking of designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practice
- Approval of designs, assessments and calculations in accordance with quality procedures
- Preparation of risk assessments and full compliance with CDM
- Co-ordination of work undertaken by external sub-contractors and design checkers
- Client management
- Mentoring junior engineers and developing their technical skills
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must be a chartered engineer preferably with MICE or MIStructE.
- Must have tunnelling experience preferably with SCL and bored tunnels.
- Be familiar with UK standards and equivalent Eurocodes.
- Sound understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers requirements.
- Sound understanding of the requirements regarding the risk assessment process.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
The company is offering an attractive salary package to the right individual.
Please quote Reference number PN5227 when applying for this position.
How to apply:
When applying for this position, you will be sent to Hunter Personnel’s website. Simply click the ‘Apply For This Job’ link button above, when you arrive – you will also be able to attach your CV/Resume. Thank you.
Recently in Civil Engineer
- Tunnel Shift Engineer via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Wales, UK) thDecember 2016
- Tunnel Agent Permanent via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Somerset, UK) thDecember 2016
- Tunnel Shift Engineer Permanent via Hunter Personnel International Recruitment (Somerset, UK) thDecember 2016
- Construction Manager & Tunnel Superintendent – SCL Works - Canada via V-Engineering Recruitment Ltd (Toronto – Canada) thDecember 2016
- Project Managers - India Permanent via V-Engineering Recruitment Ltd (Mumbai, India) thDecember 2016