Jean de Saint Julien, President of BMS, a company specialising in special foundations and underground works in France, and financial partner Peninsular Capital Management have announced the creation of NFM Engineering, a company focussing on tunnel engineering and related services.
The NFM Engineering team of experts will be dedicated to three areas of tunnelling expertise: Engineering studies, Technical assistance on site; Service and Spare parts; and Cutting tools supply. and bring their experience to clients in the following tunnel activities in France and abroad:
- TBM specifications and feasibility studies
- Refurbishment of second-hand TBMs, and technical adaptations to new projects
- Compliance of equipment with codes and standards
- Commercial interfacing in France and abroad
- Provide assistance by highly qualified and experienced engineers and technicians on site, from the assembly of a TBM to its dismantling at the end of the project, including site technical assistance and maintenance during TBM operation
- Spare parts and cutting tools
- Site training
- Project management
The group BMS is based in Lyon, with two others agencies in France, in Paris and Toulouse. It is able to offer the full range of technical solutions and services for those involved in special foundations and underground works such as concrete pumping/spraying, injection, and drilling and tunnelling.
Jean de Saint Julien, who has secured the advice of Philippe Adrien, former CEO of Tunnelling Equipment, anticipates significant growth in the new activity driven by projects such as Grand Paris Express, the Lyon- Torino Tunnel and the Lyon and Toulouse metro extensions.