|The 6th edition of the ITA Tunnelling Awards has issued its final call for entries, with all hopeful nominations to be submitted by Tuesday 20thJune, 2020, with the exception of the Life Time Achievement Award.|
After the success of the first five editions of the ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space awards, in Switzerland, Singapore, France, China and the USA, the ITA Awards 2020 will take place at the end of this year, but as a virtual Conference, in the light of the recent Covid-19 pandemic. It will be a new challenging experience allowing people from all over the globe to attend. The winners will be announced live during the Australian Tunnelling Conference.
This year the Entries can be submitted in 8 categories:
- Major Project of the Year – over €500 million
- Project of the Year – between €50 million & €500 million
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation – up to €50 million
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Overcoming the Challenge
- Oddities of the Underground
- Innovative and Contributing Underground Spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year
Nominations for the different categories must be related to projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between 1st January 2018 and 1 st April 2020.
The Young Tunneller of the Year rewards an individual born after 1st January 1985 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunnelling.
Entries can be submitted through our dedicated website
Register today and find more on the following link