In April 2010 Normet acquired 40% of the construction chemicals manufacturer and supplier, TAM International (TAM), to form a global partnership. Based on this growth success, today Normet has announced the acquisition of the remaining 60% of TAM making it now a wholly owned subsidiary of the Normet Group.
“Our 40% ownership in TAM was a logical step forward in Normet’s quest to offer the industry not only specialist equipment for tough jobs, but a total solution offering that our customers see real value in. This has already proved successful in the areas of the world where we have offered such solutions but now with the complete acquisition of TAM, we can really accelerate our ability to provide both new and existing Normet customers around the world entire process solutions that lowers their risk and achieves a positive project outcome”, says Aaro Cantell, Chairman of Normet Group.
TAM is involved in many major tunnelling projects in Taiwan, Hong Kong, United Kingdom (such as Crossrail) and also in Singapore. It is also very active in mining projects in Australia, Sweden and Ireland, to name a few.
Book your company’s exhibition stand for BTS 2018
“During the last two years of the partnership, TAM has grown significantly and now that it is fully integrated into Normet’s own construction chemical business line, it makes us one of the leading specialist suppliers of process solutions to the global underground mining and tunnelling sector,” confirms Tom Melbye, President of Normet Group and Managing Director of Normet International Ltd., “TAM’s experienced and competent personnel and resources will only further strengthen Normet’s ability to be a reliable, long-term partner for our customers in all different types of projects and conditions including underground, geotechnical engineering and general construction projects.Our team is very excited about the future!”
Moving forward, all TAM companies worldwide will eventually operate under the Normet company name, and “TAM” will be retained as the product brand name for construction chemical products.