Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued Requests for Proposals (RFP) for two major works packages for the Ontario Line: Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations and the Elevated Guideway and Stations contracts.
Six teams have been shortlisted and invited to bid on the packages, which are being delivered using a Progressive Design-Build delivery model. Shortlisted teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications process that began in November 2022, which included their design and construction experience.
The following teams and their prime team members were invited to respond to the RFPs:
Pape Tunnel and Underground Stations
Community Transit Link
- Applicant Lead: STRABAG Inc.
- Design Team: STRABAG Inc., Arup Canada Inc.
- Construction Team: STRABAG Inc.
Pape North Connect
- Applicant Leads: Webuild S.p.A., FCC CONSTRUCCIÓN, S.A.
- Design Team: IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc., AECOM Canada Ltd.
- Construction Team: Webuild S.p.A., FCC CONSTRUCCIÓN, S.A.
Trillium Subway Partners
- Applicant Leads: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Eiffage Innovative Canada Inc., Amico Infrastructures Incorporated
- Design Team: WSP Canada Inc. (Lead Designer), Typsa Canada Inc., LEA Consulting Ltd.
- Construction Team: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Eiffage Innovative Canada Inc.
Elevated Guideway and Stations
Rail Connect Partnership
- Applicant Leads: SNC-Lavalin Major Projects Inc., Bird Construction Industrial Services Ltd.
- Design Team: T.Y. Lin International Canada Inc., Entuitive Corporation
- Construction Team: SNC-Lavalin Major Projects Inc., Bird Construction Industrial Services Ltd.
Transit Expansion North
- Applicant Leads: Pomerleau Inc., Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Bouygues Travaux Publics S.A.S.
- Design Team: Parsons Inc., SYSTRA International Bridge Technologies Canada, Inc., GHD Limited
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Bouygues Travaux Publics S.A.S.
Trillium Guideway Partners
- Applicant Leads: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.
- Design Team: WSP Canada Inc.
- Construction Team: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Dufferin Construction Company, a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.
Teams will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will deliver these projects. Proposals will be evaluated by IO and Metrolinx and the top-ranked team for each project will work collaboratively with Metrolinx during a Development Phase, expected to start in 2024. Once the Development Phase is completed, Metrolinx will have the option to sign a contract with the successful team.
The Ontario Line will be a 15.6km new rapid transit line in Toronto running between the Ontario Science Centre and Exhibition/Ontario Place, with 15 stations along the way. The new line will provide more than 40 connections to other subway, bus, streetcar, light-rail transit and regional rail services.
The Ontario Line project is being delivered through various Public-Private-Partnership (P3), progressive design-build and traditional procurement contracts, which are all being staged accordingly for their successful delivery. This segment of the project is being delivered through four packages of work: two major works contracts as noted above and two smaller early works contracts via www.metrolinx.com/tenders.