On Friday, July 20, Hong Kong’s Highways Department invited tenders for the construction contract for the Central-Wan Chai Bypass Tunnel (Slip Road 8 Section) (Contract No. HY/2010/08).The works are expected to commence in March next year, for completion in January 2017, and comprise:
- Construction of a section of tunnel in the Causeway Bay Typhoon Shelter (CBTS) including the associated temporary reclamation, and the subsequent removal of the temporary reclamation after completion of the tunnel;
- Construction of the Slip Road 8 tunnel structure beneath the existing Victoria Park Road;
- Reprovisioning of part of the existing Victoria Park facilities including the Bowling Green, Bowling Green Office, Children Playground and Nursery Compound;
- Landscaping and tree transplanting works;
- Construction of an extension of the pedestrian subway beneath the existing Tsing Fung Street westbound and the associated roadworks; and
- Associated drainage and sewerage works.
The Major Works Project Management Office of the Highways Department has appointed AECOM Asia Company Limited to design and supervise the construction works. Interested contractors may obtain the tender forms and other particulars from AECOM Asia Company Limited at 8/F, Grand Central Plaza, Tower 2, 138 Sha Tin Rural Committee Road, Sha Tin, New Territories, Hong Kong.
Tender submissions should be placed in the Government Secretariat Tender Box located at G/F, East Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong. Submission of tenders will close at noon on October 12, 2012 (Friday). For further enquiries, call 3922 9000.