The City of Calgary is inviting contractors experienced in installation of large diameter sewers by trenchless methods to submit pre-qualification packages for the 37th Stormwater Trunk Relocation project. The work ......
In the modern-day tunneling industry, one outdated perception remains: Traditional, tested methods are always the best. When presented with difficult ground—from fault zones to water inflows to mixed face conditions—many ......
Tunnelling Journal is giving every reader free access to an exhaustive listing of international Tunnel Collapses. The document ‘Catalogue of Notable Tunnel Failure Case Histories’, courtesy of, and compiled by, ......
March 26, 2015
March 24, 2015
March 22, 2015
March 6, 2015
March 1, 2015
See outtakes from Robbins’ latest project video, to be released later this year Read More →
March 27, 2015
The London Mayor and Transport for London (TfL) have hailed a major step forward for Crossrail 2 after the UK Department for Transport (DfT) confirmed, following public consultation, that safeguarding for the project has been agreed. The decision protects the route of the proposed new line and, importantly, protects it from potential redevelopment plans that could affect it being built. Read more
March 24, 2015
Seattle Tunnel Partners, working on the Alaskan Way Viaduct Replacement Project, has successfully lifted to the surface for repairs the third piece of Bertha, the scheme’s stricken 17.52m diameter Hitachi Zosen EPBM. Crews lifted the machine’s 90-ton right side body from the pit Monday afternoon. Read more
- Hong Kong MTR reports double project milestones
- Hard rock excavation technology game-changer on the horizon
- Crossrail tunnels near completion
- Second Sydney breakthrough achieved
- TERRATEC celebrates 25th anniversary
- Breaking news: NFM to supply LU Northern Line EPBMs
- Robbins Crossover TBMs Announced
- Key $1.1 billion TBM tunnel contract is awarded for Norway’s Follo Line project
- Land Rover launches new convertable with test drive through Crossrail’s tunnels
- World’s first three-level tunnel to be built under the Bosporus