The STUVA Conference will take place from November 27 to 29, 2013 at the International Congress Centre (ICS) in Stuttgart, Germany ... for more information on visitor registration, lecture programme, ......
After spending most of his working life around TBM's, Steve Duncombe has started SD Tunnelling Ltd, an independent consultancy offering advice & support on all tunnelling related matters to clients, ......
Tunnelling Journal is giving every reader free access to an exhaustive listing of international Tunnel Collapses. The document ‘Catalogue of Notable Tunnel Failure Case Histories’, courtesy of, and compiled by, ......
November 15, 2013
November 14, 2013
October 11, 2013
September 12, 2013
May 3, 2013
November 29, 2013
The Singapore Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded two further civil contracts on the 30km long fully underground Thomson Line. Contract T202 for the construction of Woodlands North station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd at a contract sum of S$337M, whilst Contract T217 for the construction of Napier station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Sinohydro Corporation Ltd. (Singapore Branch) at a contract sum of S$189M. Read more
November 27, 2013
Aker Solutions has agreed to sell its German Aker Wirth tunnel-boring and shaft-boring technology to China Railway Tunneling Equipment Co. Ltd (CRTE), as part of a plan to divest assets that don’t fit with its main offshore-services strategy. CRTE will acquire technological intellectual property rights. It will also gain the right to use the Wirth brand name on tunnel-boring and shaft-boring products that are based on the acquired technology. Read more
- HS2 publishes hybrid Bill
- Two more for LTA’s Thomson Line
- Aecon/Dragados JV wins Toronto’s Eglinton Crosstown East Tunnel contract
- SNC-Lavalin scoops Vancouver Island’s CA$1 billion John Hart Replacement
- Crossrail’s Stepney Green breakthrough
- Contractors shortlisted for Thames Tideway Tunnel
- More tunnels for HS2 announced
- Hinkley Point C gets go-ahead
- LTA awards four Thomson contracts
- Follo Line 20km tunnel pre-qualifiers