Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the Advance Tunnel Contract package for the design and construction of the Yonge North Subway Extension. The Yonge North Subway Extension will extend the TTC’s Line 1 subway service approximately 8km, 6.3km in tunnel, from the existing terminus at Finch Station into the City of Richmond Hill.
Three teams were shortlisted through a Request for Qualification (RFQ) process conducted earlier this year and are now invited to respond to the RFP. The teams and their prime team members are:
- Applicant Leads: VINCI Construction Grands Projets, Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc.
- Design Prime Team Member: SENER SES Canada Inc.
- Construction Prime Team Members: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
North End Connectors
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., Ghella Canada Ltd.
- Design Prime Team Members: EXP Services Inc., TYPSA Inc.
- Construction Prime Team Members: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., Ghella Canada Ltd.
Toronto-York Tunnel Connectors
- Applicant Leads: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Bouygues Construction Canada
- Design Prime Team Members: Hatch Ltd., Parsons Inc.
- Construction Prime Team Members: Acciona Infrastructure Canada Inc., Bouygues Construction Canada
These teams will respond to the RFP with proposals that detail how they will deliver the project. Upon evaluating the proposals received, IO and Metrolinx expect to award this tunnelling contract in late 2024.
The Yonge North Subway Extension is one of the priority transit projects announced by the Province for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, including the Ontario Line, theScarborough Subway Extension, the Eglinton Crosstown West Extension and the Hamilton LRT.